As a trusted advisor in the private equity space, firms leverage Crosslake's proven expertise and structured technical due diligence process to determine where the largest investment risks are from a technical perspective.
Crosslake provided value in multiple ways:
- An initial set of conversations with the target companies to set context and identify areas of focus for further due diligence.
- An on-site visit to each company, building rapport with the team, interviewing leaders, and delving down into development details. We analyzed the architecture of both products providing an account of strengths and weaknesses. We investigated the source code in strategic areas to determine risk. We looked at team documentation, reports, and metrics to find red flags and improvement areas.
- A detailed report outlining the investment risks and value creation opportunities was created. We met with the PE firm to discuss the findings related to their investment objectives in detail. Embedded in these discussions were our recommendations on how to structure the newly consolidated organization, with a strategy on the identified human resource gaps.
- Brainstorming and planning for an overall company integration strategy, outlining what needed to be done from the engineering perspective based on our years of experience.
- A detailed analysis and post-acquisition report for each company. The report identified issues and root causes that lead to an improvement plan to be executed over the next year.
- A plan for tools consolidation and transforming the team to an Agile development model using Scrum and Kanban methodologies, complete with coaching and training was developed and delivered.