Crosslake performed a situational analysis which consisted of a 3-day onsite session followed by remote analysis of the overall CI/CD strategy and identified key issues which included:
- Gaps in vision & strategy of CI/CD pipeline.
- Manual process of onboarding new developers.
- Continuous Integration gaps.
- Gaps in overall test strategy.
Crosslake provided the following actionable recommendations:
- Phased CI/CD pipeline implementation with success milestones.
- Solution for automating developer onboarding.
- Improved Continuous Integration implementation.
- Improved test strategy.
Results speak louder than words. To demonstrate improvements in Continuous Integration due to automated quality gates with static analysis, Crosslake developed a proof-of-concept (POC) with a Golang micro-service, SonarQube and hooked it to a Jenkins pipeline script. Once the POC was approved, the team implemented it for widespread use.
The team also initially documented the developer onboarding process and subsequently developed the automation for it.
To ensure efficient execution of deliverables, Crosslake embedded themselves with the company's DevOps team, conforming to the company agile process and Sprint rituals. They refined the requirements in partnership with the company Product Owners, created and implemented the user-stories in conformance to committed timelines, Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done.